March 4, 2020 – The Woodridge Park District is carefully monitoring developments regarding the global spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is focused on ensuring that our staff and patrons take preventative measures to protect themselves from getting sick or stop the potential spread of illness to others.
We encourage our staff and patrons to be vigilant in preventing the spread of germs by practicing good hygiene. If you or any members of your family become ill, please stay home and do not participate in Park District programs or visit our facilities until you are well. As a matter of standard practice, our staff disinfects bathroom and cleans classrooms, floors, fitness equipment, and frequently touched surfaces daily.
The CDC recommends taking the following measures, which are similar to those used to prevent the spread of influenza and other respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Please visit the CDC website for more information on steps you can take to minimize your risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
Additionally, here is some information from the World Health Organization that dispels some myths surrounding the Coronavirus: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
Thank you for your help in keeping our participants and staff safe and healthy.